GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Day 1.


Day 1

I managed to watch 2 movies on the plan trip to Vancouver and a Mark Cavendish documentary. Doing so however meant that I got little sleep. I am proud of the fact that for 13 hours I managed to stay in my seat and not use the on board toilet.

The bikes arrived which was decidedly un stressful and to top it off they were undamaged.  The whole process from Nelson to Vancouver went like clockwork with the sole exception being Adi turning down the flight lollies when she could have got them and passed them on to me!

We assembled our bikes outside the airport terminal and who should we bump into but my bosses Jo and Mike from the bike shop and the rest of their family. There goes my excuse of looking after my sick Mum for 10 weeks.

We cycled on to the local camping ground to find out that they have had a bear  in the park so we must look out. Adi is over joyed by this. This evening she is in full watch mode.

Day 2.

A beautiful day and still no bears sighted. O’ well we are still in the middle of Vancouver. We jumped on our bikes and cruised by the local cycle shops looking for a pair of shorts for Adi as she brought her threadbare ones by mistake. Honestly the Canadians don’t need that sight. Their summers are short and they should be enjoying every second. We cycled around Vancouver peninsular and then back to camp along the cycle ways. I’m pleased because we have picked up all essentials such as the camping fuel, cycle oil etc.  Ken the primus fired up on the local spirits perfectly and I set here with a full tummy after heating up canned stew and rice. Well my tummy would be full if Adi had put enough rice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment