GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Saturday 28 May 2011

Training? Lack of training today.

Its Sunday and just three weeks until the shortest day. I should be out on a Sunday training ride. I had planned on it. But some days you just can't motivate yourself. I cant complain about the weather. So far this Autumn it's been pretty good. Working part time means I can choose the best part of the week.

Today's fine but with a nippy little southerly and I'm writing about training and not doing any. A man can't cycle around the world with no training.At this stage I can justify being lazy because last Sunday I did a good 120kms on an afternoon ride getting home just before darkness fell.

I know I can get away with being lazy this winter as long as I get on my bike in spring ( Sep/Oct) and start doing some real miles. But I want to feel good about myself this winter too. So I figure if I do around 300km a week during winter pottering about then I should be good for upping the kms in spring.

I think I've got it better than the Northern Hemisphere competitors in the World bike race because I should be able to do good training for four months before the event starts in Feb next year 2012.

There is a local Sunday morning training ride I could use to get some kilometres in but it starts at 8.30am! I ask you , 8.30 on a winters morning! The sun is hardly even up. A sleep in and a nice cup off coffee on the deck (in the sun) before departing on a Sunday ride in the winter I reckon. Give the ice a chance to thaw. I think those guys must be insomniacs or they're pussy whipped by their partners. They probably have to be back for family time at the mall by 11am or sum such event.



So today my bicycle  hangs. While I search the Internet and face book for fellow Global Bike Race competitors that I can befriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment