GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Friday 5 July 2013

The Little Dears at McD


Day 17.

A sunny day with light winds. It didn’t lift my mood though. My low mood was due to the backcountry road that we were on. I just knew that we would find ourselves in nowhere land for lunch and yet on leaving , what one can only describe as the dumpy little town of Eston, we didn’t bother buying a lunch to take with us.

Big Country.
Sure enough come 1pm we found ourselves outside the most substantial building in the most substantial town we had come across. It happened to be the once church , just up from the once corner store in the main street. Just next to the church there looked like there had been at least two other residences but both the vehicles parked outside and the buildings themselves looked like they where well past there useby date.

While billying up at the church so that I could at least have a hot coffee with my emergency sweeties the last surviving resident of the town turned up for a chat and to tell us that Lacedona had once been a town of 200 people. I don’t think in my lifetime though. He was a Minogue and related to Kylie. Apparently all the Minogue’s are related to Kylie. He asked me if there were Minogue’s in New Zealand and I told him that there weren’t any , that we’d sent them all packing.

My spirits greatly improved after lunch when we were finally re-united with a more main road that actually had food places on it and that you could ride a cycle on without sinking up to the rims in the soft asphalt.

A Happier Me After Some Food in Saskatchewan.
Tonight we are at a Provincial Park campground and tomorrow we may even get lunch and see other people as we cycle along. Saskatchewan is pretty quiet on the beaten track so I don’t think I will be wanting to take any more detours.
I hope you all appreciate that I have to put up with not only bad McD food but worst still the kids section of the McD to post these comments for you. The kids are meshed off but you can still hardly hear yourself think. Agh............................

No comments:

Post a Comment