GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Followers

I'm excited!. I have now two followers for my blog! I feel the pressure is now on to keep my new friends interested in my challenge.

At this stage though it should be fairly easy as my first follower was Mercian cycles and they will principally be interested in how their bike frame stands up to the punishment it will sustain during my travels.

My other follower is a fellow global challenge rider who will no doubt want to glean a competitive advantage by reading my blog. This could be a bit of a problem if word gets out to other competitors.When I construct my "Race Enhancement and Nutrient section " I'll have to fail to mention all key ingredients.

I think I should add at this point that some might call me  "Niel the self righteous retro cyclist"and there's probably good reason why my facebook friends number in the less than 40 and not in the hundreds or thousands. At least the friends I have should feel special.

I went through a spell awhile back where I de friended anyone on my facebook page that had too many pictures of babies or children, anyone who regularly or in fact ever winged about the price of petrol, anyone who had pictures of V8 engines. That left mainly my cycle friends and although I have raced and enjoy following the great classic bike races I got sick of people constantly going on about what their place and time was in whatever the latest event was.

Then I only had one friend left , my wife.

So now I wont de friend people for mentioning bike races.

And in return if you want to follow my blog all two of you will have to put up with me slagging off motorists, going on about the global challenge for the next year and a half, and taking pot shots at just about anyone who hasn't embraced the bike as a way to save the world.



O and by the way Stephen have I told you lately "I'm going to kick your Ass" 

No comments:

Post a Comment