GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Done And Dusted.

There we are. The happy couple riding our tandem in the countryside.

Tandem Bliss?

That's it done and dusted. I can put the tandem away again until I have forgotten how positively awful it is riding a bike permanently attached to another cyclist with a  totally different riding style. That would be awkward enough but when you add to the equation a bike with virtually no braking ability, a saddle like concrete and a propensity to wander all over the road you can understand why I was shouting out at regular intervals "I hate this bike,I hate this bike. Tandems are for pussy whipped blokes".

And just to make matters worse. Of all the circuits Adi and I could have chosen today we choose the Wednesday boy's circuit! It was of course a big bunch that past us going in the opposite direction. I suppose it could have been worse. They could have come up from behind and caught me unawares.

Today's memories will fade and I'll look up at Geoffrey in the garage and think what wonderful workmanship look at those fillet brazed Reynolds tubes and that fine blend of French and English componentry. I might take that baby out for a spin." Help me get it down Adi." "OK Wheel, I'll make a picnic lunch".

No comments:

Post a Comment