GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

A Good Day at Home.

Yes I had a good day today even though I did no cycling.
I awoke at the early call of chicken Woo ( it must have been before 9am !) demanding her breakfast of chicken pellets and sunflower seeds, sun streaming across the veranda and not the forecast stormy rain.
The barometer was dropping so I didn't hold up much hope of the weather lasting. But it did and I got another huge area of scrub cleared for my new corn patch. The neighbours in the orchard turned up with their tractor and got the bonfire going. So while they were away having lunch I dumped all my cuttings on it. Talk about smoke Trev! I've got to work quickly on this little project because my corn seedlings are just coming through the potting mix. They've got to be planted tout suite so that we can be munching our way through summer cobs.

The sun hung around long enough today for me to get the Mercian out to thoroughly dry off after getting drenched on my way home from work yesterday. I had my B17 leather saddle on and although its just my commuter saddle I don't like to risk it staying wet for long. Because if there's one thing a true adventure cyclist cant abide its a wet leather saddle.

Its that time of the year when the barometer is constantly on 'Variable', my bikes always filthy, and if you go out without mudguards and a jacket you're asking for a drenching.

So I had a good day in the sun. Good enough to further my tan. And when I'd had enough of gardening and watching my bike dry I read a bit of book. Awesome. But what topped it all off was finding a free cycle touring magazine on line. Now that I have decided to give up my job at the bike shop and fix the old house for a living Adi has told me that I can no longer subscribe to 'Adventure Cycling' a US touring magazine. And if that wasn't bad enough (actually not that bad because there's too much American stuff in it.) I can no longer be a member of the UK cycle touring club! (Now that hurts.)

But now I have found a new cycle touring magazine that is cost effective (since its free) and is written by people like me who have a passion for cycles and far away places!

http://bicycletraveler.bicyclingaroundtheworld.nl/    

I just cant wait to click the pages on this one. Maybe one day I may even be a contributor.
Tomorrow I'd better get out on the bike and do some kilometers.

No comments:

Post a Comment